In about a week time I will start my 4-month journey through South America, in Montevideo (Uruguay). Making such a trip is something I wanted to do for a long time. Now I’ve made it possible to come true and starting to get excited about it!
This is quite a long trip with much to see and do. So I haven’t made a day-to-day itinerary for this trip, just a rough plan. The route I intend to follow can be seen below, but can easily change over time. The countries I planned to cover after Uruguay are: Argentina, Chili, Bolivia, Peru and finally fly back from Quito (Ecuador).
Although I don’t have a clear plan yet, there are a few bucket list ideas I wish to set out during this trip:
• Reach an altitude of >4.000m
• Doing at least one multiple-day hike in the Andes
• Getting experience by working at an self-sustaining community/permaculture
• Learning basic Spanish
• Enjoy, learn to cook it myself and blog about at least one delicious (hopefully vegetarian/vegan) South American recipe
• Stargazing at San Pedro the Atacama
• Experience the big emptiness of Salar the Uyuni (world largest salt flat)
• Sand boarding
• Enjoying tranquility and a sunset in the hippie place of Cabo Polonio
Do you have any suggestions I really need to add on this bucket list? Please share and leave them in the comment section! Who knows what I get myself into 🙂